Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My father's new table & bed -1


During my father's recent hospitalization, he was advised to purchase a new bed - one that was higher and with a firmer mattress. After circa 60 years of using his former bed, he agreed to dispose of the double dark-wood bed that he had shared throughout his entire married life with my mother - in order to purchase a brand new single bed, that was higher and with a firmer mattress. He wrote me a check after I had researched online, and taking the money from my bank account, I set off to buy his new bed. DONE!

Additionally, on return he renewed his desire for a hospital-style table that could be wheeled about to attend to his needs whether in his recliner or bed. Due to hassles with a specific bank, he had to get someone else to purchase the table and write them a check - the stupid bank had blocked his debit card as he was unable to talk to the idiots at the fraud section on the telephone in person due to being hospitalized/unable to pass the banks security checks - and the bank - of which I am departing as soon as my next statement processes and I can therefore apply elsewhere - would not talk to me on his behalf as all other dept and institutions will.

Suffice to say, my father has recently acquired a new table and bed at inconvenience to himself and others. The table arrived first - in 'to-be-assembled' pieces.

 
This was to replace the former wooden bedside cabinet - 
 
- and chairside table, originally created from a cheese carton lid by my father's father.
 
I got to work...


No comments:

Post a Comment