Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The toilet floor - finally! 1

It has been a long time since I posted in this blog - not due to laziness of writing, but lack of time and finances to get anything done. My Father was in hospital for close to six weeks recently, and my housekeeping finances mostly went on bus fare to visit him for the first 3 weeks. However, it also gave me the opportunity to get the linoleum laid in the loo. As a recap as to why this needed to be done - this WAS the toilet.








As you can see, a dirty blue mat topped pices of dirty brown carpet - and under them, was a layer of dusty old newspaper.


I got to work with laying out the tools that I expected I would need and then began....
Removing the grotty carpets, I decided to toss them out. There was very little use for them as anything but trash in their condition. Likewise, the newspaper was not old enough to be of value as an antique so that got tossed into a black garbage sack as well. I then vaccumed and began to lay the pre-cut a few weeks ago lino.

No comments:

Post a Comment