Tuesday, December 13, 2011

UNDER THE SINK - EW, GROTTY!


Dad's knees necessitated a change of plan. I have not yet thrown out the pile of dramatic stories I wrote as a teenager or misc. junk from my dressing table, nor have I painted my ceiling black or laid the lino on the toilet floor - first things first - dad's knees!

Using the kitchen as a bathroom in the morning, I can easily whip the washing up drainer out of the way and place tooth cleaning and shaving articles on the plastic draining board. I can pull the towel rail into place, amass items required for use on the table, and lay a bathroom mat on the floor in front of the bathing chair for elderly people. What I cannot currently do is ensure dad's knees fit under the sink enabling him to sit face on rather than sideways.



Looking inside this grotty white cupboard, we see a rather nasty task ahead of me...

 
I cleaned the floor under the grotty compost tub that I admittedly do not empty as often as I perhaps should. I have a new tub ready.... It only remains for me to remove the closet door, clean the walls as well as floor, and replace the compost tub with the new one - and Dad's knees will be happier. The remainder of these tasks are on tommorrow's agenda!

No comments:

Post a Comment