Saturday, December 17, 2011

END OF YEAR CONTEMPLATIONS


To close my blog for 2011, I shall look ahead to 2012. Since arriving 2 years ago, I have 'housekeepered' quite a bit - but not as much as I would have liked. I aimed to get the place spotless for dad. However, since his hospitalization, I have been a FT carer and not had enough time over for spring cleaning as much as I would like. I also aimed to have my black ceiling repainted, since it was removed and turned gray, to my dislike...

I can sigh over what has not been done or I can smile at what has been accomplished. We have a brand new shed, the first shower this house has seen in its 60+ years of existence, new bathroom flooring, a floor-runner vac, and a neat pantry among other delights. Thanks to my son, we managed to move Dad's bed and some other large pieces of furniture around. This made it a three bedroom home instead of 2, as we have used the lounge as an extra bedroom and outhouse/diningroom/darts room as a storeroom/unused lounge.

Looking ahead, what would I like to accomplish in 2012? Well, I would like to get some painting done for a start - the bathroom, toilet, my room and kitchen, perhaps. The upper rooms are probably in my color choice, as nobody else lives upstairs now my son has left - but the kitchen will be dad's color choice.

I would also like to smash out the kitchen side-of-sink closet and install a new sturdy piece to house the plastic draining board, buy a new kitchen table, and get myself a computer desk so I don't bump my knees every time I type....

The latter will wait til I earn some cash though, so here are them latest items I am throwing out of my room into the hands of whoever wishes to buy them!

Finally, I will leave you with a couple of photos of my efforts to save my father's knees - a sucess with which he is pleased.



2 comments:

  1. You got a lot done last year, especially considering that taking care of your dad is a full-time job. I hope you have good luck in raising a little cash to get something for yourself. And hopefully you can get some help, so that you can have a break now and then in the new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be nice - I think my first job ought to be laying lino on the toilet floor - but I keep postponing it due to things croppng up.

    ReplyDelete