Tuesday, November 8, 2011

THE SHED ERECTION SAGA -3


Two of my cousins agreed to help get the roof and door on in exchange for a meal and appeared to do so one day a week or three later. 

 
The photo shows one of the trio up a ladder, another owner of a pair of legs in the shed and another pair of unidentifiable legs outside - I cannot recall which legs belonged to whom. However, by the time the day was over, the shed would have a roof and a door. Counting, you may count me, my son, a neighbor, and two cousins as 5 - and I mentioned it took 6 of us to complete the job. This is because another neighbor - the one who had offered us bricks - had to be called upon for the use of their battery drill. Although he did little actual work, without this item my son may not have managed to persuade my cousins to get the roof and door attached. We rewarded him with a beer for his trouble.

Finally, we had a sort of shed. The door opened inwards - I am not sure if it should or not - and there were small holes where my son had got annoyed at panels falling out and 'smashed' at them a little. I managed to be of use at last and patched the holes with left over bits of plastic from the shelf. My son completed the job by getting silicone all over his hands whilst patching holes and gaps all over...

Shall I say that we now have a functional shed that is more or less waterproof. I cannot get half the junk my dad had in the old shed in the new one, as there is a floor patch that gets damp AND less room overall AND the door opens inwards - but I can safely say that the majority of garden tools and other items that will be used in the future are now safe.

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's a shame that it was so much trouble. It's really hard to get quality products these days. At least you have something, but it should have been better and easier. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - but at least dad didnt lose his money completely in the end.

    ReplyDelete