Friday, November 4, 2011

THE SHED ERECTION SAGA -1


The shed saga demands a chapter of its own...

For circa a year, I nagged my father to buy a new shed or repair his old one. There were holes in the roof and it needed a good tidy out. Finally persuading him, he glanced through a few options and decided on a plastic shed - labeled 'easy to erect' - hmm... THAT is a matter of opinion - it actually took six people to erect our new shed - and even now it is far from perfect...

Firstly, my son and I tackled the job after he dismantled the old shed
 
He also leveled the soil that would become the new floor for us.
 
I let him figure it out as the instruction guide did not make sense to me - it was a list of numbers and letters referring to pieces and there were more than 100 parts with little instruction as to what to do with the parts. My son did a very good solo job of assembling the base and side posts - until it came to slotting in the side/rear panels. When one wall had been slotted into place and he began on the next, the first wall would fall out. Lacking the time to continue, and my lacking the time to hold two things while he tried something else, he dismantled the shed to try again another day.

2 comments:

  1. I am always suspicious of things that claim to be "easy to assemble." :D

    ReplyDelete