Saturday, February 2, 2019

INDOORS 73

So there you go - I took a video at this stage, with only the light and painting left to be done. First, let me refresh your memory of what it looked like to begin with - EWWWWWWWWWW! ( https://youtu.be/YvfIoEg9cCU )

Here we go with the finished room - well, apart from the ceiling getting painted clean white and the light being properly wired - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 
( https://youtu.be/zRwha4TvkA8 )



One of the last jobs done on the final/9th day was to paint over the newly re-sealed hole in the hall wall. The other main job of the day was when the electrician came to fix the light and cord. I had not much considered the lighting, assuming I could polish up the old one - but....it was dusty, dirty, and I thought I might as well invest in a new light too, seeing as the bathroom had cost circa 9 grand total.



The painter finished off with the painting second round and the manager took photos. The workmen had all finished by 4pm on the 9th day and we were left with a beautiful luxurious modern clean bathroom! I am well pleased with the result.

2019 arrived, but winter finally came with it - so little has been done around the home other than everyday chores, laundry, cooking, baking... Roll on spring and whatever the next mini project happens to be.

Major project wise, the next of 2 expenses will be having the exterior of the house repointed - this is something I cannot do myself. The final major project is to rebuild the alleyway where my son stores his bike and I store the clothes pegs, step ladder, and a few such items. Minor projects - well... I have a few part-cans of paint and the wine closet/pantry/dresser could all do with an internal paint job, but....

No comments:

Post a Comment