Saturday, December 8, 2018

INDOORS 69



This is our bathroom pipework AFTER I brushed it and vacced it - with a Henry! You will no doubt be happy to hear this pipework will also be made to look NICE by the bathroom guys, who will be coming out in around a week's time from my photography/writing.

Those cheap plastic green self adhesive tiles will be gone - phew! They did not go with the bathroom colors as was, let alone as will be. The bathboard will be gone - and the flooring....

You may recall when I laid the lino in both toilet and bathroom, around 6-7 years ago, while my father still owned the house and lived in it. As his FT carer, I rec'd a weekly allowance form him to cover his groceries, and whatever was left over went on buying things to make the house better - such as lino in the loo instead of carpet which I consider gross - I mean, think about what happens in a toilet and the accidents, and what goes onto that carpet.


Its not that dirty - but....I dislike bathmats. It is around 6-7 years old - and mostly only used by myself - though my son uses it once a week. It is too thick to easily wash and dry, though - and so having lovely new flooring that can be mopped/towel-dried on the horizon it can see out this next week before retiring to the garbage bag.


One of the least mucky yukky items still in situ as I speak, is our shower curtain - I think this is the fourth in 5 years...It is less than a year old, but already looks gross.

We would be due to get another one in around 4-6 months time, but our new bathroom will have no bath to keep the water into - instead we have GLASS! Luxury and ease lies ahead - and the then-new butterfly shower drape that was salvaged from a friend's house after her death will retire to become a paint-sheet.

I shall now count down the days....7 left as of today's writing spree, it's all due to begin very soon! That leads me into 1-2 weeks of chaos, mess, noise, lacking water, airing space, and proper cleaning facilities....to be followed by a brand new spotless easy-clean modern, neat n tidy, new bathroom - AKA bliss! I will not be the one doing the renovations, but will take a photo daily as matters progress and share the improvements as they happen!


I have however just begun redoing the spare room... Liz is redecorating her bedroom and I had the idea of trading her old furniture to the spare room and taking mine to the tip, instead of her taking hers there. So far, the dressing table has arrived - but the wardrobe will have to wait til a third pair of hands and dry day coincide. (It turned out that we could not get the wardrobe here after all, but the dressing table is spacious and makes the room look like a bedroom/spare room.)


Let me just remind you what the bathroom looked like before the work begins tommorrow (as of writing - as of posting it's almost finished)...


No comments:

Post a Comment