Sunday, December 2, 2018

INDOORS 68


This old wooden towel rail is fine - IF you like living with and using antiques! I prefer to give them to people who appreciate them, or dump them in the tip - and use something NICE and modern. I have a lovely silver colored 2-bar wall mountable towel rail awaiting the new bathroom! Plenty of room for one big and one small towel - no wobbly feet to kick into place every few days - no lumpy bits to collect dust - and not needing a repaint every few years.

You can also see the turquoise decor of the bathroom as lived with in my childhood - 40+ years ago...


The cabinet I like - it was a Christmas gift from Liz 2-3 years ago when the same guys who are going to give me a posh new bathroom did hers into a wet room. The heater however, I don't like, want, use, or need. Dad did not like his old heater as it didn't heat him up enough - so when the young chaps put in the 3 overnight electricity storage heaters, they put in a new heater - chipping half the plaster as they did so, I might add.

Dad used it just a few times - it blew a fuse if used at the same time as the immersion heater was on and dad found it too hot. Soon afterwards he was stuck downstairs with me taking him a bowl of water to wash with instead. It has not bene used since and will soon be removed.


Our ugly ceiling will be lowered and painted. I will soon not need to see stains that I cannot even reach, let alone clean off. The walls will be covered in fancy panelling with a 15 year guarantee - no more yukky flaking paint - ahhhhhhhhhhh, lovely.


Can you blame us for wanting a fancy new bathroom when we see THIS each time we take a bath/shower? The brown gunk doesn't come clean, the tap only shines in parts and only for a few minutes, the wall tiles - SHUDDER!


The inside of the basin as is is - horrible! Some of the orangey bits come off and some don't - the taps don't clean well, although bits of them shine directly after a clean until someone uses them again...

I really don't like using our bathroom - but..... sigh, one week to go (as I am writing) before there is no bathroom at all until its renovated! Maybe I will appreciate this messy mucky room during those 1-2 weeks of no shower and kitchen sink teeth cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment