Sunday, October 14, 2018

INDOORS 66



Liz suggested I trim the wine colored carpet in the coffee room - which I did in the above photo. I also painted the floor grey with left over paint from the toilet walls.




With the two tiny paintbrushes in the set I purchased when shopping with Liz recently, I was able to 'tidy up' the painting in the toilet, where the grey met the gloss-white. The floor was then ready to be laid. As I was having one of those days where I bumped into things, dropped and spilled things - I postponed the floor laying and ripped off the bathroom door draught bar - as you can see it's a horrid thing, impossible to clean, and I don't want it - so I took it off when washing and sanding the door down ready to paint.



One coat on, I changed project and decided to lay the toilet flooring. The first step was ripping off the former lino covering, which no longer fitted since a new toilet was installed earlier this year. Liz and I had bought a piece of lino a few weeks back and she had picked it up for me - I was just waiting on the right day to lay it and it came in October.

I had a proper stanley knife at my side and set to work, shoving one corner into situ and knifing along bits til it fitted the corners and round the loo. I was not exact enough for perfection, but it was as good a fit as the former lino had been on the old loo.


I had a few scraps spare, so decided to recut around the toilet and insert the spare bits under the almost-ok hole round the loo - which gives a better finish to the job, though I may have to glue the smaller pieces down if they move. Back to the bathroom door, needing a second/top coat of gloss...
It is done - as of  Mid-October. Now for those bathroom guys at Windsor to come do up the rest of the room for us.....

No comments:

Post a Comment