Wednesday, August 30, 2017

OUTDOORS 28


Back home, this is the status of my fence-hedge area, leading from kitchen window to bird bath. A beautiful purple poppy from Liz who doesn't like them very much any more, a transferred red olde fashioned rose, and more nasturtiums star between privet and hawthorn.


In this second shot, you can also depict the purple plant Liz gave me, along with my yellow and pink rose transfers. Below is an update on the azalea - flowering well after a late start due to transfer. A right pretty sight under the kitchen window.



Bindweed readies to flower, offering happiness to bees and butterflies, cascading down with the prickly berry tree and hedgehog hotel, hidden by the privet lump. Geraniums and alpine strawberries pop into view if you look carefully.


Looking down towards the bird bath - which is almost hidden in our summertime - you can barely make out our path. Below a close up of the olde fashioned roses - white and red in view - along with Liz's purple poppy, nasturtiums, hawthorn...



Looking backwards towards the house - the same patch looks quite different - the lychnis plant and purple tall thing Liz gave me are easier to see and you can just spot the azalea below the kitchen window in floral abundance to the right. Talking of plants Liz gave me - this is the latest. I am uncertain of its title - but apparently it flowers in sunlight. I therefore popped 2 bits under the small apple tree - and one in my main bed.

It has since flowered with a bright reddish orange flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment