Thursday, July 27, 2017

INDOORS 38





As you can see, the garlic was still drying on the kitchen floor when i took this photo. Thankfully, it is finally cleared and my kitchen floor is now basically free of crops, as I write my post! Below, is the shot of how I began to start plaiting the garlic, ready to hang.

As you can see, I am a novice and it is a total mess - not at all neat like it is supposed to be - BUT - it does the same job!

Next, an update on my geraniums. As you can see, the two cuttings I took that my late father threw to the ground saying they were useless are thriving - and these are after 2-3 cuttings have been removed from them! Below, my latest two cuttings, after transplanting some more 'pieces' into the garden.




Yes, the first batch of garlic was plaited and hung...on the hook I usually use to hang a wet coat on - so it drips on gloss/tile rather than matt/carpet while drying. It really does look a messy braid, but...


This is the rest of it - alas, just as untidy. This hangs over the kitchen worktable, where an empty pot plant holding basket -also in shot - formerly hung. If you think that is messy - take a look at my windowsill, though.

I now have onions, shallots, and broad beans drying there. Little pieces of onion stalk fly into the kitchen, but I have to open the windows when I am at home for fresh air is something I adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment