Tuesday, July 11, 2017

INDOORS 37 including recipe


I recently tidied out my fridge, ready for cropping season to get underway. It is already beginning to stock my own produce rather than shop stuff, somewhat - spinach, chives, gooseberries, broad beans - all mine! Regular readers will not be amazed to see my pantry has yet again been tidied and reorganized...a favored chore.


Next, I will share a recipe made predominantly with crops from the allotment. I called it 'Cauliflower-potato 'lunch'' and here is how to make it, if you fancy some.

The first or second head of cauliflower was selected along with the first dug up potato plant of the year and once home, I had about
5 small potatoes and one medium - I chopped the latter. I also had a small-medium head of cauliflower and added a medium sized diced onion. I then added water and boiled, then simmered the vegetables. 

Meanwhile, I mixed a generous serve of ground chili and a tablespoon of dairy-free cheese sauce with a little rice milk and stirred it into a sloppy paste in a mug. I added the sauce mix to the simmering veggies after approximately 15 minutes simmering and stirred til the sauce thickened. The result: an easy, quick, healthy and tasty lunch from currently-cropping plot veg!
Next, a treat for my kitchen and hands - a new oven glove - along with evidence of why I needed it in the form of the old glove!

No comments:

Post a Comment