Friday, June 19, 2015

SUMMER SLOSHING 10




As you can see, although not very clearly in this shot, I have now completed polyfillaing the upper hallway. I got to the stage where I could not squidge out a single blob more of the dried up polyfilla, so used the new tub of Asda-polyfilla along with them old canister of semi-liquid polyfilla.




Then, it was onto painting. I broke the Cookie Dough areas down into 2 - the wall/ceiling and the blanket box area, and painted the first, repainting a day after. An additional job was to fix a small paintbrush onto the end of the roller and fill in the unpainted gap as shown above, that resulted when rollered ceiling and painted wall were left unjoined. Here it is at the undercoat stage ...




My next task was going to be to Tibetan Gold gloss the trim, window, toilet door, blanket box and loft cover - but this was delayed. When I took down the curtain to prepare the window area, I remembered that my late father had made a fake double glazed window when most of the house windows were replaced with double glazing. I therefore had to decide what to do - leave it and paint around it or remove it and paint the wood behind it.


No comments:

Post a Comment