Sunday, June 29, 2014

SUMMER SLOSHING 3

That takes us up to summer 2014 - June. Before tackling the read n relax room that I intended to fix up, I did a few other chores - pond maintenance, my favorite chore of reordering the pantry, and sorting through another two bags of junk in what will become the spare room. I also turned out the wine closet...



I began to use the garden in my salads again, as you can see from the above shot of what became of half of a pink rose. The front yard gets more bees and butterflies visiting than royalty or pompous garden snobs, so I have let it go wild. I trim the brambles and ivy and some of the holly, but let everything else grow - weeds and all. I may not be popular with some of the 'fancy garden' neighbors or the council, but the creatures love the sancturay. Here are some photos of the beautiful flowers - weeds and 'real' ones...







up the garden path....






...and a view of the entire front yard...







No comments:

Post a Comment