Saturday, February 16, 2013

PROJECTS.... 18

PROJECT F: THE LOFT 14


As promised, the contents of the trunk are revealed.... Yes, I am afraid it is even more dolls! Allow me to unpack these soft toys for you to view....




 
A tall rubber cat toy and an ancient cloth dog - the latter of which I recall used to occupy me at my grandparents house. A pink teddy bear, cloth dog, plush owl and....another bloody doll! This humungous creation was made by my mother for me one Christmas and I called it Sally. My mother was worried that it had thin hair, but I added it to my collection of dolls and bears to rescue from the waves when I played at being a lifesaver and fire when I pretended to be Gerry from the Skippy TV show....Both water and fire were created by a satin sheet!





Left to right, we start with a strange blue toy I do not recall. I think it is some type of homemade teddy bear. My old wig is in front! I recall wearing it to class one April fools day.... The next bear along I think I called Sandy.

Next is a green thing - supposedly a rabbit - my mother made. I think when she made Humphrey for me to unpack when on vacation in France, she made another one.... A very old - & alas motheaten - doll follows. I think this would have been either my mothers' or one of my two aunts' dolls. It seems to be from the 1920's or 30's... A plush dog finishes this group - but there is more!

No comments:

Post a Comment